The major change in UK fire laws make you as the person in Control of your Premises Responsible for carrying out a fire risk assessment under The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 to ensure that Suitable and Sufficient Fire Safety Precautions are in place to reduce the risk from fire to everyone who may be in your premises at any time
What you must do to comply with the Fire Regulations.
- Carry out a suitable and sufficient assessment of the fire risks in your workplace.
- Ensure that an outbreak of fire can be detected quickly and that people warned of a fire.
- Ensure that people who are in your premises can escape to a place of safely.
- Ensure that people who are in your premises know what to do if a fire breaks out.
- Ensure that sufficient firefighting equipment is provided for the fire risks in your premises.
- Ensure that all of your firefighting equipment is properly maintained.
What we will do:
- We will when you first make contact with us fully discuss your requirements and provide you with practical, common sense advice on your premises fire safety arrangements. Any advice that we give at this stage is entirely free and with our compliments, even if it is out of normal working hours. Preventing loss from fire is what we do best!
- We will before we arrange to visit your premises discuss with you the full costs involved.
- We will when we visit your premises first review your existing fire safety procedures, fire documents and fire logbook. Discuss with you the implications of any Notices that you have received from the Fire Authorities, and carry out a full audit of the fire safety measures that you may have already in place. We always give a verbal and hand written report of any unsafe conditions that we may have found before the Accredited Fire Risk Assessor leaves the premises. This allows you the immediate opportunity of removing unsafe conditions and thereby reducing the risk of fire to your workforce and premises.
- We will provide you with a comprehensive Fire Risk Assessment Report and Action Plan of what must be done to reduce the risk of and safeguard everyone in your premises. You can be assured that many of our fire risk assessment reports have been seen by the Fire Authorities and have been approved and deemed suitable and sufficient. Our fire risk assessment reports were submitted to the Institute of Fire Safety Managers when we received approval for Accreditation by that Institution.
- We will guarantee you a regular follow up on the Action Plan in our report to ensure your legal compliance with the Fire Regulations. We can also, when required provide you with assistance with your Fire Awareness Training, Fire Warden Training. Also advise you on the provision of Fire Extinguishers, Fire Alarms and Fire Detection Equipment.
- In fact why not put your complete fire safety in our hands!